Here's the perfect book for young football fans who want to meet Philip Rivers: the eight-time Pro Bowl quarterback who has united his love of the Catholic Faith to his love of football.
In page after page of full color photographs, you’ll follow Philip since he was a boy and had big dreams — and an even bigger love of football. You'll see him rise through the ranks, from Athens High School to North Carolina State, and finally to the Chargers. You’ll discover those qualities of character that separated Philip from so many other young NFL hopefuls. Most importantly, you’ll find out how he proudly united his love of the Catholic Faith to his love of football, relying constantly on God and the saints in the face of challenges on and off the field.
Here you’ll read about some of the key moments in Philip’s career, including:
• His reputation for dramatic comebacks in college and professional football
• His storied competition with quarterback Drew Brees, which fostered an unlikely friendship
• His infamous "humble fumble"—and how he turned this embarrassing error into a profound success
• His incredible performance against the New England Patriots despite a torn ACL—and the unexpected help he received just before the game
• The miraculous meeting that helped him recover from a devastating back injury
Whether you hope to become an outstanding athlete, earn good grades, or deepen your faith, Philip’s story will encourage you to persevere on your journey, no matter the challenges you face.
Key Features :
i : By: Joan Rivers, Patrice Lappert ii : Pages: 44 iii : Format: Paperback