Language Builder® Occupation Card Set, Pack of 115
The Language Builder: Occupation Card set includes both male and female depictions of common occupations. Children can identify and discuss different jobs and careers without learning stereotypes or gender bias.
The 115 images are current and familiar, and are featured in natural settings. Each picture includes plenty of context clues to make identification easy and fun, and to provide great topics for discussion.
The Language Builder Occupation Card Set is perfect for:
• Expanding vocabulary to include career and job names
• Discussing people in the community children encounter on a daily basis
• Preparing children for people they will see (i.e. a visit to the doctor or dentist)
• Discussing "What you want to be when you grow up"
• Matching and sorting.
• Practicing gender identification
• Practicing appropriate pronoun use in full sentences
• Use as a prompt for conversation, storytelling or writing exercises
For the convenience of the instructor, the back of each card is numbered, provides a label and gender identification for the featured image, and lists suggested activities for which the card is targeted. An included activity booklet provides more detailed instruction ideas.
Key Features :
i : Practice appropriate pronoun use in full sentences ii : Use as a prompt for conversation, storytelling or writing exercises iii : Expand vocabulary to include career and job names iv : Like all card sets in the Language Builder series, each hi-gloss card is 3.5" x 5" with horizontal presentation so the sets work together seamlessly.