In this handsome graphic novel, you'll join some of the world's greatest saints in their inspiring – and often exciting and even dangerous – quests for holiness. These thrilling stories and stunning images found here will captivate you and fascinate readers of all ages.
Here you'll meet:
• St. Nicholas, the orphaned boy who generously ministered to the sick and the poor, and eventually became the wise and just bishop of Myra.
• St. Francis of Assisi, the rough soldier who put down his weapons, renounced his possessions, and went on to establish two great religious orders.
• St. Brigid of Ireland, the young girl who fled from an impending, arranged marriage to become a nun, and devote her life completely to the Lord.
• St. Pachomius, the Roman soldier who became a Christian and ventured into the Egyptian desert to pray, establishing there numerous monasteries.
• St. Anne Line, the gentle Catholic convert in the Protestant England who was arrested and cruelly executed for hiding fellow Catholics from murderous anti-Catholic government agents.
Embark here on great adventures of the Christian Life! These gripping stories of Catholic heroes call on each of us to follow boldly God's unique plan for our lives, and, as did the saints, to reach the very heights of holiness.
Key Features :
i : By: Tod Smith, Ulises Arreola Palmera, Kevin West, Mark McNabb, Terry Pallot, Gordon Purcell, Jason Millet, Dan Davis, Edgar Salazar ii : Pages: 120 iii : Format: Paperback